Monday 11 July 2016

Winter Learning Journey D3:A1

This year the Rugby Sevens are being reintroduced into the Olympics and I'm going to tell you somethings about it. 

One interesting fact is that Sonny Bill Williams and his sister Niall Williams will both be competing in the 2016 Rio Olympics in the Rugby Sevens event.


The aim of the game is to score more points and win more penalties than the opposition team. 

The rules of the game are:

 - Seven players aside (five subs), seven minutes halves (final can be 10 minutes)

- Two minute break (Half-time)

- Conversions must be dropkicked, Three player scrums

- The team that have just scored a try they have to kickoff

1 comment:

  1. Great choice of sport, Stevenson! I am really excited to see that the Rugby Sevens will make their Olympic debut this year. In your opinion, how likely is that the New Zealand team will win gold? Are they in a strong position to win the tournament? I'm afraid that I don't follow Rugby Sevens so I don't actually know what is likely to happen. I'm more of a rugby league fan myself...

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete