Monday 25 January 2016

Summer Learning Journey W3:D13

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\MD army.jpg
Hari Merdeka or Independence Day.

What would you would eat?
On Hari Merdeka I would eat very traditional Malaysian Foods such as Nasi Lemak (rice and vegetables).
What would you would see?
I would see the military men and women and lots of other people dressed up. I would probably see Mr. Najib Rezak and his family.
What would you do to celebrate the day?
Dress up in my suit and tie. Participate in the parades, events and maybe go to the concerts.

Waitangi Day
For the past 3 years I have been visiting Waitangi where the Treaty was signed, with my family. After visiting the grounds I usually relax or have a family lunch. I like Waitangi day as I get a long weekend away from school.

!~Gaming Day~!




During my public holiday everybody will get a day off for gaming. There will be Black Ops 2, Minecraft, Tekken and other games held at different locations. This would give kids and adults the opportunity to try different games.  There would also be tournaments around the country for experts to play against each other.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stevenson,

    I can honestly say that I have never heard of 'Gaming Day' before but I love it! It is very creative and it would be the first time that any country embraced a day off to game. Would they be allowed to play games that weren't on the computer, like Monopoly or cards? I used to play card games and board games with my family all the time but I haven't done it much lately. You are inspiring me to think about dusting off the old board games and playing them with Aronui this week-end. He likes to play 'Go Fish' but I don't think that he's ever tried board games like 'Snakes 'n Ladders' or 'Candyland.' Have you played either of these board games? I am not sure if they are popular in New Zealand but they're really popular at home in Canada.

    On that note, I wonder what kind of board games people play in Malaysia. I would imagine that they have games that are commonly played by families during the holidays. Do you think that they would be similar to ours?

    I hope that you have the opportunity play plenty of games over the next week. It is the final week of summer holidays before you head back to school. Fortunately, there are two holidays early in the year that will allow you to ease back into school, Waiting Day being one of them!

    Happy holidays :)

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete