Sunday 20 September 2015

World Vision Scholarship Day


On the 16th Of September Jordan A, Eric, Lucy, Mrs. Lagitupu and I went to the World Vision Intermediate Scholarship Day. We were the top four fundraisers from Pt England School. This event was held on Cawley Street in Ellerslie from 8.45am - 2.30pm.

When we arrived at the event we had to do a people treasure hunt which was easy because there were heaps of schools. We walked around finding out who had two or more siblings, who had a birthday the same month as you and other things.  This was good as we got to interact with other students. After that we entered an auditorium where we were welcomed by the host Emma Davison.

She introduced herself by trying to be humorous. Emma was saying, "You know I was the little girl who acted Annie in the movie and I'm also a good singer because I'm on glee." with pictures with her face in the holes. After a laugh she talked about why we were here, to claim our award (merit) for our continued and enthusiastic support for the 40 hour famine!

After a quick break we then started a survival game of what life was like in Bangladesh. At the start it was unfair for the green and yellow teams because the border officials didn't want us in their country so we had to leave and get our fake passports checked. Unfortunately I didn't know the piece of paper I had was a passport cause after I unfolded it, it left creases. So then I had to take my shoes off and go to the border security. At the border this lady was questioning me about what I was going to do in the country. It was hard to answer cause she kept interrupting. But I finally convinced her that I was going to get a job so she ticked my passport and I was allowed to enter the country. I had so many disadvantages in getting a job to earn money to buy food/drink and health immunizations so I died in the first round . Jordan A, Eric, Lucy and I all died because we didn’t buy any food and drink, so then we were out for the next two rounds which was boring.

Overall the experience at the World Vision Scholarship Day was good to learn how other people are less fortunate than me and take a stand for those in need. I hope to come back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment