Wednesday 15 October 2014

Capital Letters - Explaination

Capitals - what are they and when do you use them in writing?

WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.

People may ask what are capital letters? Capitals are bigger than little letters in the alphabet and don’t always have the same shape as the lower case letters e.g Qq, Ii or Rr. They also have to reach the top of the line (Upper Line).

You can use capital letters for names of geographical places. When I say geographical I mean countries, continents and cities. E.g “I want to go to Sydney, Australia!

Capitals can also be for peoples names e.g Collin, Jordan Tai. Not only their first name but their middle and last name have capitals too. Capitals are also for titles for movies, games, shops , schools, Tv programmes, books and brands e.g, “I went  to the Warehouse to go buy a game called NBA2K11. After that I went and watched a movie named Step Up.
I, I’ll, I’m and I’ve are all personal pronouns. This is one that I was most confused about in first grade. Every time I put a small i instead of a capital it but I don’t know why though. Example, "I've been to Sylvia Park too!"




Capitals come after a full stop; question marks an exclamation marks. Uppercase letter are also at the beginning of a person speaking e.g, Hello Collin!“ dates e.g “Today is Monday the 3rd of November!”

Now that you know how use capitals, make sure you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment