Wednesday 5 March 2014

Contact Lenses?

Today instead of going to school I went to my appointment to try out some contact lenses. It was  at the optometry clinic at the University of Auckland. The reason I wanted to get contacts was that my League season was coming up and I couldn’t wear my glasses. It was my first time trying contact lenses and I was so excited and nervous at the same time.

When we arrived we waited in the reception area for the optometrist to come and get us. Five minutes past and he came and got us. First thing he did was he gave me an eye examination to see what size eye contacts I was. Then he got some contact lenses and put them on the surface of my eyes. It felt weird because everything was clear and I didn’t have to wear classes, eventually I got used to it.

After that I had the chance to put the contact lenses in my eyes myself. Putting them in myself was pretty hard it took lots of practise before it became easier and easier to put them in. Lucky I was taught by a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment