Friday 8 March 2013

Top Schools


 Last Sunday I went to an annual event named Top schools. It was hosted by The Rotary Club Of Auckland East.

When I arrived the sky was pouring down with rain. I was absolutely drenched with water.

I felt happy and excited. Why? Because it was my very first time going to top school. Also I knew that my school mates would be there as they are good athletes too.

We participated in 8 events, which included a slippery slide, gumboot throw, ski run, newspaper delivery and husky run. Some events were challenging while the others were simple.

The game that I enjoyed the most was the newspaper delivery. It was a fantastic obstacle course. First we had to hit a soccer ball, with a rolled up newspaper, zig zag around four plates and repeat the same thing back to where we began. Next we run to a net and you had to crawl under it. After getting past that, you had to throw the newspaper into a bucket. You had to get as many newspapers as you could in a certain amount of time.

By the end of the day I was incredibly exhausted.  My entire body was drained and my calf muscles were crying out for help. I thought I was going to faint. Suddenly I eat a chocolate bar and I was back to normal.

Overall Top School was an enjoyable day as there were a variety  of activities that I was able to participate in. I hope to attend again next year.

1 comment:

  1. It sounded like a great day and I heard all of our teams did really well and were at the top of the table. The funny wobbly carts looked funny.

    ReplyDelete